The Fast Whitening Option
Do you wish your teeth were whiter? White smiles have become so associated with success, higher social standing, and attractiveness that whitening is one of the most-requested cosmetic dental procedures done today. How do you decide which treatment option will provide the best results for you?
In-office treatments provide the best results. We have one of the most popular and effective in-office whitening systems available.
What Is Zoom?
Zoom is a tooth bleaching process that utilizes a gel containing a higher percentage of hydrogen peroxide than can be found in at-home kits. It is applied and then activated with a proprietary LED light to increase the effectiveness and speed of the whitening procedure. Unlike laser options, the Zoom system generates less heat and can be used on the entire mouth at once.
- Precautions are taken to protect the lips and gums, and safety glasses are provided to protect the eyes.
- The hydrogen peroxide whitening gel is applied to the front surfaces of your teeth.
- The light is applied in 15-minute intervals.
- Between each light session, the teeth are examined to determine if the light needs adjusting or more whitening agent needs to be applied.
- The full Zoom treatment consists of four sessions of the light, but not all patients may require that much.
- You will be given a custom-fitted touch-up tray with directions for use to take home.
- You may want to have a thorough cleaning prior to whitening to remove plaque that could affect treatment.
- Crowns and veneers are not affected by the whitening process and may not match the newly whitened teeth. They may need to be replaced afterward.
- If you need new fillings, bonding, veneers, crowns, or similar restorations, they should be done AFTER whitening to match the new teeth color.
- For best results, you will need to avoid certain food and drink (you’ll be given a list) for 48 hours after treatment.
The whitening of the Zoom procedure may last for years in some patients, but results will vary depending on your habits and lifestyle. Are you ready to transform your smile? Contact our office to schedule an appointment today!
Dr. Sonny Afshar